Everyday we are faced with multiple choices. To get out of bed, or not. To go to work/school, or not. To eat, or not. These choices shape how you will feel the rest of the day. Being happy is a choice. Some days it is harder than others. Some days you will not be able to choose happiness. But, we should wok everyday to radiate positive energy and love ourselves as much as we love others.
This week I am focusing on making sure I choose happiness. I am making sure I don’t self sabotage myself into a spiral of negative energy. Listed below are some choices that I will try to make everyday.
- Be thankful. I appreciate everything I have. If I am not thankful for everything I have I will have a hard time ever finding happiness.
- Be optimistic. I am given endless opportunities. Rather than focusing on doors that have already been closed, I will focus on the ones that remain open.
- I will not compare myself to others. There is only one me. I am unique and special and I deserve to allow others to see me for who I am.
- I will not over-think. My head is my own worst enemy. It is a perception only I can see and can destroy my happiness.
- Practice acts of kindness. Kindness is free. Selflessly helping someone is a very powerful way to feel good inside. It is a win-win.
- Be present. I will be present around other people. I will engage and create deep and meaningful relationships with my amazing friends.
- Develop Coping Strategies. I will calm myself with music, or wiring down my negative thoughts so they can escape my head.
- I will forgive those who hurt me.
- I will take care of my body. If I don’t eat, my body won’t function. Therefore, I will do everything in my power to take care of myself so my mental health can prosper
It is really easy to type these steps down. It is really easy to say that I will do these things. It takes time to build a habit. It takes a commitment. I am committed to choosing happiness. Are you?